LAHA Quarterly Association Meeting
7pm, Tuesday, July 22nd - Walled Lake Community Education Center
48 in attendance
1. Announcement of 2008 Lakes Area Photo Contest. Best photo judging at the end of the year. Winner receives fame and a free one-year membership to LAHA. Send your photos to email@example.com.
2. Neighborhood garage sale suggested for spring 2009, followed by a cook-out. Advertising to be paid for by the Association. A donation lot will be set up with the proceeds going to LAHA. There was enough interest from members to continue researching and flushing out the details.
3. Weed remediation update (See specific blog posting above, dated Wednesday, July 30th)
4. Additional lakes area concerns included illegal boat mooring and individuals renting boat slips. These concerns will be added to the agenda for the next meeting and will be addressed/pursued separately
5. Due to changing the Association’s year end to December, dues that are paid now will be paid through December 2009.
6. Additional membership benefits include discounts from Duncan Disposal and T-Mobile if you are a member of the association. Please contact one of the LAHA officers for details.
7. Duncan Disposal: if you do not stay current with your membership they will stop picking up your trash and this is even if you were a Duncan customer prior to joining the Association.
8. As of this meeting, LAHA has 43 paid members.
9. Current bank balance: $1,313.
10. Social Event at Bayside: The Association is organizing a “Meet and Greet” for the membership. The date is Wednesday, August 20, 2008, at 7pm. It will be at the Bayside Sports Grille. The Association will provide hors d’oeuvres and there will be a cash bar. More details to follow via email and the association website.