Lakes Area Homeowners Association Minutes
May 19, 2009
Hickory Woods Elementary
Officers in attendance: Greg Iszler, President, Jeff Laz, Vice President, Nancy Galloway and Judy Rae, Co-Treasurers, and Beth Adams, Secretary.
1. Called to order at 7:30 pm. 19 Residents in attendance.
2. Bank Balance $1,394.29. Membership at 80.
3. July 2008 Meeting Minutes posed on the website.
4. No one volunteered for officer positions. Will try again at the next meeting.
5. Street captains needed. Miki Larimer for Pickford and David Hultgren for Arvida.
6. Thank you to Larry Kern for his several years of attending to the Association buoys that are markers for the large rocks/boulders in the lake. It was noted to stay 100 feet away in all directions. Also noted that the ice freezing/melting and the wind can shift the locations of the rocks.
7. Lake Clean-up resources: Novi DPW 248-347-0454; Walled Lake DPW 248-624-4849; Duncan Disposal 248-437-8600; and Hornback Recycling 800-662-9361.
8. Summer Social Event: more information to follow.
9. Walled Lake Improvement Board: No notices will be sent out until the public hearings. Stay updated via the link on the LAHA website. Thank you to LAHA member, Dave Galloway for his effort and time on the Board.
10. Other items: Please do not use fertilizer by the lake. To help keep geese away,sSprinkle crushed red pepper on the grass while there is still dew on it, large quantities can be purchased at Oriental food stores.
11. Adjourned at 8:30 pm.